[Neos] [Team] Raising PHP requirement for Neos 1.2 to PHP 5.4

Christian Müller christian.mueller at typo3.org
Thu Jun 26 15:01:19 CEST 2014

Hi all,

Robert Lemke wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I just pushed the first commit which works way nicer with PHP 5.4
> than without. For this reason (and because of my TYPO3.Media
> refactoring which needs traits as well) I propose to raise the system
> requirements for Neos 1.2 to PHP 5.4. PHP 5.3 is not supported
> anymore anyway and it's 10 years old after all ...

For me, yes please! +1

BUT if we make that decision now, please lets communicate right away to
give people time to prepare because even thou it is old and out of
maintenance there are lots of servers around with it.

I guess the same will go for Flow then. Should we plan a major version
release in that case as well? Like Flow 3 ;)

> Your vote?
>
> Cheers, Robert

Cheers,
Christian