[Neos] Styling with * { position:relative; }makes backend topbar right most buttons unclickable

Stefan Reichelt eichelt at web.de
Thu Jun 5 17:28:33 CEST 2014

Hello there,

in my frontend styling I have a reset style which also contains:
* {
  position: relative;
}

In the backend however this makes it impossible to click any of the
topbar right most buttons (the user menu button and the publish &
-dropdown menu buttons).
To put it crudely, the problem is that the container
'div#neos-top-bar-right', with this position and your 'float:right;', is
now 'behind' its sibling (containing the left buttons of the topbar).

For the time being I added a quick fix in my own installation:
.neos #neos-top-bar #neos-top-bar-right {
  z-index: 10;
}
But I thought I'd mention it here too. Could that be considered a bug
and in such should I create an issue or is it just 'my problem'? :)

Kind regards
Stefan