sebastian at typo3.org
Wed Jul 16 09:21:33 CEST 2014
Hey my fellow team members,
as some of you might know, my company has grown a bit over the last
months. Now I am at a point where our current projects only need minimal
work from my side, as the remaining team is doing a great job there.
This puts me into the position to have some more freedom in what to do
While I could do Neos projects (and I'd certainly like to!), I also
thought that it would be a good point in time to do some refactorings on
the TYPO3 Neos core, possibly in the following areas -- in order to get
a more robust Neos foundation which we can build new features upon more
easily. I could imagine at least the following topics:
* reworking content editing, getting rid of additional layers such as
* general code reviews of bigger features
* Helping with the split-screen translation UI
So, I'd like to work on the Neos core for a little extended amount of
time, currently I'd like to aim for about one month. I expect to be able
to work around 4 hours per day on Neos. If we take the Association
hourly rate of 55 Eur, that would be around 4000 - 5000 Euros.
So, my questions now:
* What do you think of that idea in general?
* What topics would you like most / what did I miss?
* What budget should we take this money from? Or shall I ask the
association directly (in case you all agree)?
Greets, and thanks for your feedback,
More information about the Neos