[Neos] Neos setfilepermissions

nikos nick at jamalade.com
Thu Jul 3 17:22:53 CEST 2014

Hi all

I have recently moved from a shared host without shell access to a cloud server where I have full shell access !!!

I first tarballed my existing neos website from the shared host and got it running ok on the cloud server.

Now I have installed composer and want to run installs from it so that I can test new features in a dev area  upgrade my mains site directly. Getting
composer and installing Neos 1.1 has been no problem but I have been unable to get going using the usual set setup. I get "Forbidden 403"

So I run "sudo ./flow core:setfilepermissions rerootco rerootco rerootco" (which I had forgotten to, btw command line, webuser and group are the same
on the server). I noticed that neither chmod or setfacl worked for setting ACL's and it dropped through to setting individual files. After completion
I still could not run setup. I have spent time with my hosts who think that the setfacl should work and pointed out that the chmod is for Mac OSX.

My dev box, a non hosted box, is a Mac so I thought I'd run the same file permissions as were run on the server ie. where chown and chmod are set on
individual files ie. if ACLS don't work and setfacl doesn't work in the typo3.Flow/Scripts/setfilepermissions.sh

This gave me exactly the same permission on my Mac OSX dev machine as on the server and also has shut me out from my localy hosted website with
"Forbidden 403"!!!

Even when I re-run the scripts running the first part of the script ie. set acl's using chmod I still get the same permissions. It seems to me that
the only reason my site was working is because of pre-existing acl's from the composer/git repository which include world rights. Now I have no world
rights/access and things don't work. This is what my permissions look like, this is the same as the server:

drwxrws---  17 nick  _www    578 27 May 11:16 .
drwxr-xr-x  38 nick  _www   1292 27 May 11:08 ..
-rw-rw----   1 nick  _www    374 27 May 11:09 .gitignore
drwxrws---   9 nick  _www    306 27 May 11:26 Build
drwxrws---+ 10 nick  _www    340 27 May 11:36 Configuration
drwxrws---+  5 nick  _www    170 27 May 11:36 Data
drwxrws---+  6 nick  _www    204 27 May 11:16 Packages
-rw-rw----   1 nick  _www    742  2 Jul 11:11 Readme.txt
drwxrws---   3 nick  _www    102 27 May 11:09 Tests
-rw-rw----   1 nick  _www   5408  2 Jul 11:11 Upgrading.txt
drwxrws---   6 nick  _www    204 27 May 11:35 Web
drwxrws---   5 nick  _www    170  2 Jul 11:11 bin
-rw-rw----   1 nick  _www   1455 27 May 11:09 build.xml
-rw-rw----   1 nick  _www   1255  2 Jul 11:08 composer.json
-rw-rw----   1 nick  _www  73292  2 Jul 11:11 composer.lock
-rwxrwx---   1 nick  _www    828 27 May 11:16 flow
-rw-rw----   1 nick  _www    270 27 May 11:16 flow.bat

I am now somewhat at a loss as to what permissions that I should have as I have used the script and this is what I am left with. Any help welcome!!

Also my hosts pointed out that is strange that setfacl is not working as they think it should, the server is running CentOS 6.5.

Thanks in advance

Nikos