[Neos] Could not read page metadata from response. Please open the location error message

Dominic Garms djgarms at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 18:11:48 CET 2014

On 24/01/14 15:13, Christian Müller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Dominic Garms wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> What exactly does this error message mean:
>>
>> Could not read page metadata from response. Please open the location
>> (...) outside the Neos backend.
>
> That normally means the metadata that we render when logged in was not
> found by Neos.
> Check prototype(TYPO3.Neos:Page).neosBackendDocumentNodeData
> in
> Packages/Application/TYPO3.Neos/Resources/Private/TypoScript/Prototypes/Page.ts2
>

>> I have this error currently on all subpages of my Neos backend. If I
>> open the locations outside of Neos there is no additional error, but as
>> I can't edit the content the pages remain empty.
>

> In the rendered html you can find this metadata at the top (if the page
> works correctly in the backend) just after the opening body tag. So
> first see if the metadata is not appearing on the pages that give the
> error and then you could try to find why that happens.
>
>> There is no additional error inside of the server log, its very hard to
>> find out which *.yaml, *.ts2 or html template is responsible for this
>> error. Is there any technique I can use to tackle this issue? Is there
>> some sort of reset possible to clean up all nodes with the current
>> configuration?
>
> It is probabably an issue with your TypoScript. As this is (pretty
> certainly) no error in the nodes itself but in the TypoScript there is
> no reset. You could use the default demo site TS to render your nodes
> and see if the same happens.
>
> Cheers,
> Christian
Hi Christian,

I guess one reason must be some changes in NodeType.yaml, I renamed some
properties and moved them from one package to another.

I made a clean install and installed all my application packages and
everything worked suddenly. But rescuing the page with already included
content seemed not possible. Clearing caches didn't help so I gave up
and moved on with the new instance.

Thanks for your reply!

Regards,
Dominic