[Neos] taxanomy for nodes

Dominic Garms djgarms at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 17:55:46 CET 2014

On 15/01/14 16:30, Søren Malling wrote:
> Hi Dominic,
>
> It's planned as a feature for Flow and Neos. The packages are splitted, so
> taxonomy is a package usable in other Flow packages as well (one of my own
> projects are using it ATM).
>
> It is intended to be a part of TYPO3 Neos for awesome content possibilities
> :-)
>
> Looking forward to work with you :-)
>
> Cheers
>
> Søren
>

> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 4:20 PM, Dominic Garms <djgarms at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 15/01/14 14:43, Søren Malling wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Dominic
>>>
>>> I'm currently working on taxonomy for Neos (and other Flow applications
>>> for
>>> that matter)
>>>
>>> It consists of two parts
>>>
>>> # The Neos implementation
>>> https://github.com/sorenmalling/TYPO3.Neos.Taxonomy
>>>
>>> # The general Flow package
>>> https://github.com/sorenmalling/TYPO3.Taxonomy
>>>
>>> Missing currently is the integration to the inspector. Rens told me to
>>> have
>>> a look at the "Node reference" content element, which implements as
>>> "suggest" feature, that will be needed. Feel free to look at it's current
>>> state (there is a backend module for terms and vocabularies) and maybe
>>> look
>>> into the JS part (which is not my strong side!).
>>>
>>> I'm trying to couple this with a NodeType that can display content based
>>> on
>>> selected categories, so getting the fields in to the inspector would be a
>>> great help (hint to anyone being awesome at JS)
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> Søren
>>>

>>> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 2:30 PM, Dominic Garms <djgarms at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>   Hello,

>> I looks like you did a lot of work in this topic. Is it planned as a
>> feature for Flow / Neos or will it be a custom plugin? In my opinion it
>> would be great if the feature will get included into the TYPO3 package,
>> TYPO3 CMS was lacking many years of a standardized method to categorize
>> elements.
>>
>> Will try to test / help you as far as I can. Will check out your repo as
>> soon I managed my other problems.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Dominic

I love awesome content possibilities :)

Sounds great if the feature will be part of Neos, it will make flexible
lists of content very flexible.

For now I am trying to solve it in my context with a NodeType:Menu, but
still don't get a startNode reference inside of the MenuImplementation
running.

Cheers,
Dominic