[Neos] taxanomy for nodes

Dominic Garms djgarms at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 16:20:01 CET 2014

On 15/01/14 14:43, Søren Malling wrote:
> Hi Dominic
>
> I'm currently working on taxonomy for Neos (and other Flow applications for
> that matter)
>
> It consists of two parts
>
> # The Neos implementation
> https://github.com/sorenmalling/TYPO3.Neos.Taxonomy
>
> # The general Flow package
> https://github.com/sorenmalling/TYPO3.Taxonomy
>
> Missing currently is the integration to the inspector. Rens told me to have
> a look at the "Node reference" content element, which implements as
> "suggest" feature, that will be needed. Feel free to look at it's current
> state (there is a backend module for terms and vocabularies) and maybe look
> into the JS part (which is not my strong side!).
>
> I'm trying to couple this with a NodeType that can display content based on
> selected categories, so getting the fields in to the inspector would be a
> great help (hint to anyone being awesome at JS)
>
> Cheers
>
> Søren
>

> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 2:30 PM, Dominic Garms <djgarms at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is there any work on a taxonomy / category system for nodes? Something I
>> could use as properties for specific NodeTypes - a standard like the
>> categories inside of TYPO3 would be great.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Dominic

Hi Sören,

I looks like you did a lot of work in this topic. Is it planned as a
feature for Flow / Neos or will it be a custom plugin? In my opinion it
would be great if the feature will get included into the TYPO3 package,
TYPO3 CMS was lacking many years of a standardized method to categorize
elements.

Will try to test / help you as far as I can. Will check out your repo as
soon I managed my other problems.

Cheers,
Dominic