[Neos] Calling non-Neos controller gives security error

Christian Loock brainshack at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 13:31:24 CET 2014

I think you definitly need to add Policies for your controller, since
missing policies would be interpreted as abstained, which would cause an
exception.

Just add ACL for your controller in your Policy.yaml for the
Typo3.Neos:Editor Role.

As to the other part of the question:

You usually won't need to add your own routes. You can just set up your
module like in this tutorial:

http://www.matthias-witte.net/how-to-create-a-backend-module-for-typo3-neos/2012/10/

However, this will also display your module in the menu, but there might be
a config setting to hide it there. Then you can just use Neos' ViewHelper
to generate a link to your module. I'm not sure about the name of this
viewhelper but you can easily look it up in your Neos installation under
Packages/Application/Typo3.Neos/Class/Typo3/Neos/ViewHelpers i think. (Not
sure since im at work and dont have a working copy at hand)

H2H