[Neos] Localization research

Dominique Feyer dfeyer at ttree.ch
Tue Feb 11 23:03:42 CET 2014

Hi Bernd,

Just some clarification about the current implementation of Localization in
Neos, we have real Locale support so something like de_DE, de_CH ... will
both offer the DE language but for different country (so with different
currency, date and number format, ...).

For each languge you can define a custom language fallback. So the
configuration is a lot more powerful than the current CMS. And other good
point is that we don't have a default language. So your default language
per local can be different and can change in the futur without breaking
everything.

I have not used NEOS yet but here are usecases from TYPO2 CMS: