[Neos] Localization research

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Tue Feb 11 15:10:30 CET 2014

Am 11.02.14 14:33, schrieb Rasmus Skjoldan:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm collecting localization use cases at the moment.
>
> If you'd like to help out, then please comment at rasmusskjoldan.com/post/76313520739/researching-localization-for-typo3-neos with use cases from your client projects or experiences with localization in general.
>
> Thanks for helping out, everyone.

as I don't like my email spread too much:

I have not used NEOS yet but here are usecases from TYPO2 CMS:
TYPO3-languages are also used to specify a country-specific page
content. so one language can be found in multiple versions.
example: englisch, englisch in Great Britain, englisch in USA englisch
in Australia, englisch in Canada.
parallel a version in french for france, french in switzerland, french
in canada.

For each Langauge there could be different fallbacks, so an editor does
ot need to duplicate language-records.

as most content is equal in one language family it is good to
differentiate just single pages or content. (e.q.different VAT)

and as it just occurs in the CMS-NG: how can these versions visualized
to the editor?

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html