[Neos] Taking l10n for a test drive

Lienhart Woitok Lienhart.Woitok at netlogix.de
Sat Feb 8 17:29:46 CET 2014

Hi,

I tried to test the l10n branch today, but I couldn't get it to run. I think I followed the instructions in this thread and in the README-l10n.md document to the letter.

I did a fresh install of Neos using
composer create-project --keep-vcs typo3/neos-base-distribution neos-l10n dev-l10n

That got me a working Neos installation on l10n branch, and there is code in Neos which belongs to localization.
After running through /setup and having it import the demo site I logged into the backend. After login I got the following error message:

Exception while rendering
landingPage<TYPO3.Neos:Page>/
body<TYPO3.TypoScript:Template>/
parts/
mainMenu:
RoutePart::getValue() must return a string after calling RoutePart::resolve(), got boolean for RoutePart "TYPO3\Neos\Routing\LocalizedFrontendNodeRoutePartHandler" in Route "TYPO3 Neos :: Frontend :: Homepage". (201402081653497fe9b9)

I added the Settings to my Settings.yaml file and translated the site with the command from README, but that didn't change anything. Then I did a prune and import according to README and translated the site again, no change.

I debugged into LocalizedFrontendNodeRoutePartHandler and found out that the line
$routePath = substr($routePath, 0, strrpos($routePath, ';'));
in resolveRoutePathForNode() is the cause of the exception. $routePath is an empty string, therefore strrpos returns FALSE. In the end, $routePath is FALSE.

I then had a look into the database. I noticed the the table typo3_typo3cr_domain_model_nodedimension is empty. That looks wrong to me, but running node:translate doesn't fill this table.

Do you have any idea what I could now do to get this to run?

Kind regards

Lienhart Woitok
Web-Entwickler

Telefon: +49 (911) 539909 - 0
E-Mail: Lienhart.Woitok at netlogix.de
Website: media.netlogix.de

--------------------
Geben Sie Cyber-Kriminellen keine Chance
Lückenloser Schutz mit Security-Lösungen von Sophos: Erfahren Sie, wie Sie Ihr Unternehmen wirksam schützen und gewinnen Sie einen Boomball Pro Mini-Lautsprecher:
https://www.cyber-gesindel-a.de/netlogix

--
netlogix GmbH & Co. KG
IT-Services | IT-Training | Media

netlogix GmbH & Co. KG ist eingetragen am Amtsgericht Nürnberg (HRA 13338)
Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin: netlogix Verwaltungs GmbH (HRB 20634)
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE 233472254
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Buchta, Matthias Schmidt