[Neos] Switching to Neos dev-master: Your requirements could not be resolved to an installable set of packages.

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Fri Dec 5 09:57:33 CET 2014

Hi Christians ;)

On 04.12.2014, at 19:59, Christian Müller <christian.mueller at typo3.org> wrote:
> actually Neos shouldn't depend on the SEO package, but the demo site
> shipped with the base distribution does. So if you update you should get
> it as part of the demo site dependencies as seen here:
> https://packagist.org/packages/typo3/neosdemotypo3org
>
> If you don't have the demo site installed and have problems because the
> seo package is missing, please tell me some more details because then we
> created an unplanned dependency.

All is well, but… the 1.2 is in beta right now. We do to set a minimum-stability, to avoid unexpected effects, so instead we allow less-than-stable on a per package basis by specifying stability flags like @dev or @beta as needed. Now, the 1.2.0-beta3 version of the demo site-package requires any version of typo3/neos-seo, but we have never tagged that package so far. Thus it is only available in dev stability, which is not allowed…

So, when Christian explicitly required "typo3/neos-seo": "dev-master” in his composer root manifest he allowed the dev stability to be used.

Proper solution possibilities:

- we tag the package as a stable version
- we tag the package as some beta and allow @beta in the root manifest
- we just allow @dev in the root manifest

We could link the versioning to Neos itself, at least in the major/minor numbering. Opinions?

Regards,
Karsten