[Neos] Can NEOS handle a multi-client setup?

Aske Ertmann aske at moc.net
Sat Aug 16 11:55:31 CEST 2014

Hey Christian

The situation at the moment is that multi site installations work, but there are some annoying drawbacks. It’s a situation we’ve been working on improving for the last half year. I’ve been leading a project which have exactly the same needs as your project and they’ve been able to sponsor ~€ 27.000 for core development in this area among other things. We’re nearing the end of that project and it will bring some of the features needed for making it possible.

Here’s a list of things that the project will require and therefor must be ready by october:

1) Being able to use the same site package for multiple sites
2) Access restriction for specific roles to parts of the tree or whole sites
3) Independent resources from the other sites

And probably more. Rens created an umbrella ticket in Jira with tasks related to the topic https://jira.typo3.org/browse/NEOS-177

Regarding releases these things won’t go into 1.2 since they’re not ready yet, but will likely be part of the next release.

So it depends on your schedule, but I imagine that such a project is a few months from now. If you’re interested, please get in contact with me and we might be able to join efforts in this regard.

By the way, I wouldn’t recommend using content dimensions for having multiple sites though.

Best regards,
Aske