[Neos] Neos JavaScript Refactoring Work RFC

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Thu Aug 7 10:29:40 CEST 2014

Hey everybody,

thanks for your input on that topic and your feedback :-) So I take that
as a general "yes" that (paid) work should be done in these areas.

In the meantime, I also talked to Rens, who'd be also interested in
working on some of these topics; so we decided to join forces. Of
course, anybody else who is interested would also be welcome to join.

Regarding the topics: I'd suggest to split the time 50/50, half of it
going to these "smaller bugfixes" and "review queue cleanup" you all
mentioned.

For the other half, we'd still like to work on Content Editing
Refactoring, even though Aske said "the product would not benefit much".
I quite a lot disagree there; for me it's one of the biggest places
where we have *huge* technical debt; limiting new features and having
tons of hidden bugs in there which we did not discover yet.

Regarding the *timing*; I'd like to start in about 1,5 weeks, in the
week before the Kiel code sprint. Then the Kiel code sprint happens
(where obviously no paid work is being done), and then afterwards in the
weeks in September/beginning of October we'd work on that.

I'd like to keep you updated every few days of work with a post to this
mailing list.

Greets and thanks,
Sebastian