[Neos] Neos Project and my requirements

Marcin Ryzycki marcin at ryzycki.com
Fri Aug 1 11:53:53 CEST 2014

Hi Simon,

Quick reply, from the beginner - I don't have much experience with
proper large projects build on Neos (yet!).

Simon Schaufelberger (Schaufi) wrote:

> 1. Forms. I know there is a form package available but as it looks, you
> have to code every form, is that right? I need a form editor for
> editors. They need to be able to add fields without any coder. I have seen:
> - https://github.com/lelesys/Lelesys.Plugin.ContactForm
> - https://git.typo3.org/Packages/TYPO3.FormBuilder.git
>
> Does anybody have some experience with them? Do they work with the
> latest Neos version?

Have a look at this:
https://github.com/skurfuerst/TYPO3.FormBuilder
https://github.com/krysy/Typo3.Formbuilder (based on the above)

No experience with these, but looking forward to try them.

> 2. Newsletter. I think this is the only resource which is available for
> now:
> - https://github.com/lelesys/Lelesys.Plugin.Newsletter
> But compared to direct_mail a lot of things are still missing like
> subscribing to categories (recipient lists), double opt in and opt out.

I spent last 3 years in a company sending every day newsletters with
premium content to their customer base - and I have built proprietary
mailing system/builder for that. I don't know your exact case, but I
would consider integrating with http://mailchimp.com/ or
https://www.campaignmonitor.com/ - they probably have everything you
need and the API is more then great. Building proprietary newsletter
system is a big challenge and outsourcing it might be the
quickest/cheapest option.

> 5. Contact person. No Plugin required here, just "global content
> elements" (something like widgets in wordpress). I want to select a
> contact person for a topic (in our case it will probably be a page).
> This box will contain a picture and contact info. I just want to select
> the name in a dropdown and have the box in my sidebar for example. I
> know I have to create a node type for this but how can I make the
> address data available globally? A "content slide" (display the same
> content on sub pages as well without entering the data again) for sub
> pages would also be really cool!

Seems like trivial to implement.

> 6. Protected (login) area. Is this currently possible? I have not yet
> found a place to assign access groups to pages.

Not via UI interface (but AFAIK it's being implemented), but from code -
yes. See
http://docs.typo3.org/flow/TYPO3FlowDocumentation/TheDefinitiveGuide/PartIII/Security.html

> 8. TypoScript 2. I need things like reading UserAgent, Referrer... (like
> t3lib_div::getIndpEnv in CMS) for rendering different output for
> different browsers. In TYPO3 CMS I would write:

Depending on a use case (is it about large chunks of content? some
settings? styles?) - you might go with JavaScript solution or do it in
Flow/Neos. If the latter, you might want to wait for content dimentions
(being implemented) which will offer this functionality even via
interface (if you need it for content) or you can implement some simple
helpers to have it in your views or EEL.

M.