[Neos] [Team] CSS prefixing

Rens Admiraal rens.admiraal at typo3.org
Wed Sep 18 15:35:12 CEST 2013

Hi,

Today we discussed the problems that occur when we include CSS
frameworks in the frontend. This still has great potential in breaking
our content module CSS.

Because a reset on .neos will probably not help we came to the
conclusion that renaming all css classes we took over from Bootstrap to
something specific for Neos. Suggestion would just prefix those with
'neos-', so 'modal' would become 'neos-modal'.

This way upgrades in Bootstrap or CSS of other frameworks have less
chance to break our interface.

Of course this still doesn't fix everything, and we would still need a
reset solution in the future probably, but as a first solution we can
probably prevent a lot of issues for people using bootstrap 3 in the
frontend.

As a sidestep we concluded that we would like to clean up the CSS in the
foundation folder, and remove the scss for components we did not style
yet. We can always include them later on if we decide to use them.

It would be good to have some general feedback on this idea so we can
start fixing this issue.

Greetz,
Rens