[Neos] I try to install neos 1.0.0 alpha 5 on windows 7

patrick at bierans.de patrick at bierans.de
Wed Sep 11 00:27:59 CEST 2013

Hi list members

I try to install neos 1.0.0 alpha 5 on windows 7.

Right now the ./setup fails - Here is the trace:
http://pastebin.com/a4MUtUth

Any hints for me?

I am used to debian and love to program extensions for typo3 4.6 for ages.
I was a little unfamiliar with php, mysql, phar, openssl, composer and git
under windows 7 so it took some time to get the basics working.

Not having a Debian OS at home normally is my insurance to prevent working
at home. But I really want to get my hands on this successor of Typo3 4.6
so I decided to try an installation on windows 7. Yes, I'm crazy. Yay! ;)

Maybe there are other less experienced people who want to install neos on
windows 7 with xampp? I wrote down what I did so far for orientation:

--->>
installing neos alpha 5 on windows 7 with xampp

0a. install xampp by using the installer:
    http://www.apachefriends.org/de/xampp-windows.html#628
    default target should be to C:\xampp

0b. configure xampp to enable ssl for php:
    edit c:\xampp\php\php.ini
    and uncomment extension=php_openssl.dll
    (I found it arround line 1000)

0c. (re)start xampp

    C:\xampp\xampp_stop.exe
    C:\xampp\xampp_start.exe

    Hint: skype might block port 80 so
    start xampp before you start skype.
    skype is already running? stop it! ;)

1.  install git for windows
    I found it here
    https://code.google.com/p/msysgit/downloads/list
    when installing use the options for full integration
    it often is the last option

2.  go to http://getcomposer.org/download/
    download and run Composer-Setup.exe

3.  start the git gui and clone from
    git://git.typo3.org/Neos/Distributions/Base.git
    into a folder like C:\xampp\htdocs\typo3-neos-alpha5

    which git to use? lookup:
    https://packagist.org/packages/typo3/neos-base-distribution

    Hint: git wants to create the folder by itself
    so don't use the selection wizard for creating the folder
    like I did. Select the folder a level higher
    and append the folder to the path. ;)

4.  open a prompt (Press Win+R enter CMD and ENTER)

5.  cd C:\xampp\htdocs\typo3-neos-alpha5

6.  C:\xampp\php\php.exe composer.phar create-project --dev --stability alpha
typo3/neos-base-distribution TYPO3-Neos-1.0-alpha5

7.  be patient and wait...

8.  edit C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts and add
    127.0.0.1       localhost
    127.0.0.1       neos.demo

9.  add a virtual host named "neos.demo" to
    C:\xampp\apache\conf\extra\httpd-vhosts.conf

    <VirtualHost *:80>
        DocumentRoot "C:/xampp/htdocs/typo3-neos-alpha5/Web/"
        # skip the following line for development
        # SetEnv FLOW_CONTEXT Production
        ServerName neos.demo
    </VirtualHost>

10. restart xampp

    C:\xampp\xampp_stop.exe
    C:\xampp\xampp_start.exe

11. open in browser:
    http://neos.demo/setup

    be patient and wait...

You can lookup the installation guide for *ix systems here:
http://neos.typo3.org/download.html

<<---

It's nothing special but might help young developers. ;)

Use it. share it. Improve it! Or just ignore it.
It's free and should stay free.

Stay cool, don't close the fridge!
Patrick from Berlin, Germany

ps: I hope this gets sent as a plain text mail.