[Neos] Create content element issues

Aske Ertmann aske at moc.net
Tue Sep 10 08:41:08 CEST 2013

Hi again

> >> Are you planning to integrate a "add content before" button?
> > We've thought about this, but haven't really come up with a good solution yet. Will investigate further into this.
>
> Aren't there two possibilities?
> - You add a (single) button before the first Content, which might be quite ugly.
> - You add an additional "add content before button" (maybe the + sign with an arrow directed upwards) to the currently first content?
Well there's actually more solutions than these. Problem is that we don't want to have too many buttons and adding on more to solve this issue might not be the best solution. What about pasting before, should we also have two paste buttons? Other solutions could be to change the behavior of collections to add on top instead of in the end, then it would be possible to select the collection and add to that and it would appear on top. Another one, which I think might be the best solution is to have easy drag & drop making the hassle of moving very little.

> >> As a side-note, when adding a content element, I think the focus should be on the new content element. ATM if you add a new content element after a very long content element, you won't even see it.
> > That absolutely make sense, could you add a sub task about it to http://forge.typo3.org/issues/45020?
>
> I tried to, but I cannot add subtasks with my priviledges. Is adding subtasks forbidden for "normal users"?
Hmm if you can't then just add of and relate it to #45020 and I can move it.

> >> And as a last question, did I get it right that sorting doesn't work yet? I remember one of Robert's (?) presentations where all nodes were visible in the page tree and they could be moved there. How can I achieve that?
> > Not sure I get what you mean, could you elaborate?
>
> At the moment I can sort/move content only by cutting and pasting, which I consider not being very user-friendly.
>
> Since a content is a node just like a page, I think it would be theoretically possible to display all contents in the tree and make them sortable there. I remember a presentation (an earlier Alpha maybe?) where this worked somehow.
>
> Or is there another concept to move contents?
Ah, we haven't dropped the idea but wanted to refine it. We have temporarily disabled it for now, but it will be possible again when we finish our adjustments/improvements to the Navigate component (formerly tree). We have also come up with a name for it called "context structure", which can be used in multiple ways instead of "content structure".

Aske