[Neos] Create content element issues

Lorenz Ulrich lorenz-typo3 at visol.ch
Sun Sep 8 19:18:01 CEST 2013

Hi Aske

 >> Are you planning to integrate a "add content before" button?
 > We've thought about this, but haven't really come up with a good
solution yet. Will investigate further into this.

Aren't there two possibilities?
- You add a (single) button before the first Content, which might be
quite ugly.
- You add an additional "add content before button" (maybe the + sign
with an arrow directed upwards) to the currently first content?

 >> As a side-note, when adding a content element, I think the focus
should be on the new content element. ATM if you add a new content
element after a very long content element, you won't even see it.
 > That absolutely make sense, could you add a sub task about it to
http://forge.typo3.org/issues/45020?

I tried to, but I cannot add subtasks with my priviledges. Is adding
subtasks forbidden for "normal users"?

 >> And as a last question, did I get it right that sorting doesn't work
yet? I remember one of Robert's (?) presentations where all nodes were
visible in the page tree and they could be moved there. How can I
achieve that?
 > Not sure I get what you mean, could you elaborate?

At the moment I can sort/move content only by cutting and pasting, which
I consider not being very user-friendly.

Since a content is a node just like a page, I think it would be
theoretically possible to display all contents in the tree and make them
sortable there. I remember a presentation (an earlier Alpha maybe?)
where this worked somehow.

Or is there another concept to move contents?

Best regards,

Lorenz