[Neos] To use or not to use TYPO3 Neos for my purpose

Lorenz Ulrich lorenz-typo3 at visol.ch
Sun Sep 1 19:58:10 CEST 2013

Hi Aske

Thanks for your reply.

 >> - Are simple tables working in the current content editing?
 > AFAIK they do, since they use the built-in Aloha editing for tables.

Yes, it works indeed and it is more user-friendly than the CMS RTE. Very
good.

 >> By the way: When searching for a Demo I realized that almost every
Neos demo found in Google is either outdated or not working properly.
Maybe it would be good to maintain an own Demo server.
 > Good point, but everyone on the team already have more than enough on
their hands so any help in getting this done would be greatly appreciated.

If my Neos testing-by-doing works and I can do other projects with Neos,
I maybe could help out with that.

 > Btw. concerning the inactive site you have to activate it in the
sites management module or using the command line commands and they need
to have separate domains to work currently.

Thanks for that suggestion. I was just surprised that the behaviour was
not consistent. Having a site activated in the Site Management doesn't
mean that it can be selected in the main menu. I don't know if multiple
site support is somehow missing or if something just didn't work in my case.

BTW, if all sites are deactivated, there is still a site icon in the
list of sites with no label. I'm not sure whether such small things
should be reported as an issue in the bugtracker each.

Best regards,

Lorenz