[Neos] Common interface for Node & NodeData?

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Fri Oct 18 14:26:17 CEST 2013

Hi all,

is there a reason why there is no common interface for NodeData and Node?
We don't use them consistently at the moment. e.g.
Workspace::publishNodes() expects an array of NodeInterface but gets an
array of NodeData from Workspace::publish() see [1].

Wouldn't it make sense to add a common interface for cases where we
don't care about Node vs NodeData?

Otherwise we should refactor the calling code, for example
Workspace::publish() to call publishNodes() with an array of
NodeInterface instead of NodeData as it currently does.

[1]
https://review.typo3.org/#/c/24874/2/Classes/TYPO3/TYPO3CR/Domain/Model/Workspace.php
--
Bastian Waidelich