[Neos] Terminology: Hide vs. Show

Mathias Schreiber mathias at typo3.org
Tue Nov 26 11:00:39 CET 2013

Rasmus Skjoldan schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been discussing labelling with Marli Mesibov here.
>
> Are there reasons for labelling it "Hide", "Hide in Menu" etc.?
>
> – Other than the fact that it's always been like that in TYPO3 CMS?

I always thought of it more like in terms of cases.
The action to hide something is less often used that activating things.

Like you create a node in order to show it in the first place and hiding
it is the more unlikely usecase.

In regards to the term "before":
Maybe Jacob could clear things up, but "prior to" seems more appropriate
to me - but somewhat clunky.

Some other cms do it the way Bastian suggested by checking the box by
default.
Seems somewhat clunky to me as well, since in removing a node from a
menu is an active task for me.
In the sense of "I WANT THIS GONE FROM THE MENU".

--
Mattes - This time I come in peace