[Neos] Neos and bootstrap css

Simon Schaufelberger simonschaufi at guugelmail.com
Sun Nov 24 16:52:14 CET 2013

Hi!
This message is mainly for the UX team (Rasmus).

People always shout for feedback which I'm giving you today.

I have followed whats going on with the css in neos for a long time now.
First there was bootstrap as base and then "the big rewrite" with
"neos-" prefixes.

The "problem" is that some bootsrap code was and is not working even
after rewriting with the new prefixes and some other small changes.

I am currently developing a backend module and i want to use very simple
dropdown menus
(http://getbootstrap.com/2.3.2/components.html#buttonDropdowns). The
user menu on the top right corner is working BUT in the actual module it
is NOT working. Why? Because the neos team actually broke some parts of
bootstrap.

In my case, the dropdown menu is showing up (see screenshots in the
ticket below) with a button to click and a dropdown menu with subitems
BUT the text for the button to click and the dropdown menu items are NOT
showing up (and the colors are also totally wrong).

I am fine with the "big rewrite" if you know how to change bootstrap
code into neos compatible code BUT if neos is using bootstrap
components, they should also WORK!

I invested a LOT of time (really hours!) in making the broken parts work
again but nobody cares.

See: http://forge.typo3.org/issues/48679
and https://review.typo3.org/21178

my first patch was in June and half a year later nothing is going on here.

I want to investigate in neos as i want to use it and i really love it
BUT i dont want to waste my time.

So please:
- fix bootstrap code yourself or
- let me do it or