[Neos] RFC: Simplify templates and reduce auto-generated HTML

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Wed Nov 20 15:39:10 CET 2013

Jacob Floyd wrote:

Hi Jacob,
thanks for your feedback!

> This is actually two problems.
> [...]
> (2) Plugin editors need to make sure that whatever MetaData is required
> ends up in their template or whatever they use to generate plugin output.

The thing is: We could easily add the meta data to any content the
plugin renders - just like we do for other content elements.

The problem is that Plugin does not inherit from Template. So if we add
the processor to the Template TS object, it won't have an effect on
plugins (but on "static" parts like menues).

But I think we can add the processor to *TYPO3.Neos:Template* and
*TYPO3.Neos:Plugin* and then skip if the current node is not of type
*TYPO3.Neos:Content*.

I still find it hard to differentiate between NodeTypes and TS objects
and I think *TYPO3.Neos:Template* vs *TYPO3.TypoScript:Template* is
quite confusing - but that's a different topic (I think).

--
Bastian Waidelich