[Neos] Neos STATUS UPDATE: Road to Beta1

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Tue Nov 5 15:36:24 CET 2013

Sebastian Kurfürst wrote:

Hi,

> I updated the google doc:
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vj-CIRuRYWPcxh36b9UmdJNjaTHJs_oj98bDcsNPlbs/edit#

Great, thanks for taking care!

>    * we released an alpha7 and had an awesome T3CON :-D

Too bad I couldn't make it this time, but I got so excited seeing the
recorded talks. Big up!

> Currently UNDER REVIEW are:
>
>    * Link Handling automatic redirects (only part missing) !! Please help
>      to get this in soon: https://review.typo3.org/#/q/topic:link-support,n,z

Just to avoid confusion: The change relies on the "configurable
redirects" Flow feature that is not yet merged:
http://forge.typo3.org/issues/29972

Also, this still needs some styling fixes still. The Aloha overlay is
almost not visible and it's z-index is too low (see [1]).

I found out, that the rendering of nodes with "node://" URIs leads to a
blank page on launchr[2]. But this might be related to
https://review.typo3.org/#/c/25118/ which has been merged after the
alpha7 release.

>    * Aloha Link plugin appears when just focussing into a text --> does
>      somebody know how to reproduce this?

What do you mean by "Aloha Link plugin", the type-ahead overlay? That
only happens to me if the clicked text is a link.

> Anything I forgot and you'd like to see on the list of things to be
> tackled for the beta? Any important issue you have on your mind not
> being in here? Then please share it NOW :-)

I have quite a few issues in the list. Some of them are not directly
related to Neos but they affect the API and behavior so it would be good
to merge them asap - or abandon them into eternity ;)

Let me just list them here as basis for prioritization:

TYPO3.Neos:

* "Revise Neos Routes": http://forge.typo3.org/issues/53347 (changeset
in progress)

TYPO3.TYPO3CR:

* "Replace magic __call method in NodeType":
http://forge.typo3.org/issues/53335 (under review)

* "Cleanup ContentRepository API": http://forge.typo3.org/issues/53257
(changeset in progress)

TYPO3.Flow:

* "HTTP components for handling requests":
http://forge.typo3.org/issues/52064 (under review)

* "More flexible parsing of body arguments":
http://forge.typo3.org/issues/45293 (under review)

* "Routes should urldecode their parts":
http://forge.typo3.org/issues/46449 (under review)

TYPO3.Fluid:

* "Setting a value always resets the field on mapping errors":
http://forge.typo3.org/issues/34186 (under review as WIP)

* "Throw exception for unresolved namespaces":
http://forge.typo3.org/issues/53059 (under review as basic WIP)

> It's a pleasure to work together with this awesome group of people,
> everybody involved. I am thrilled we can make something great happen!

Same here, same here!

[1]
https://www.evernote.com/shard/s17/sh/bd24b45a-c051-497f-bef5-17cbf14954f1/b46eab27c78d89f8e59441049e9d7fd3

[2] http://vca05454f.launchr.com/features/imagetext.html