[Neos] Neos STATUS UPDATE: Road to Beta1

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Mon Nov 4 21:06:08 CET 2013

Hey everybody,

THANKS for an awesome conference and *lots of contributions* in the last
days and weeks. Keep it coming, we're having around one week left until
Beta1; still a lot to do, but the list is continuously shrinking!

I updated the google doc:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vj-CIRuRYWPcxh36b9UmdJNjaTHJs_oj98bDcsNPlbs/edit#

Since the last update, the following things were DONE/MERGED:

  * we released an alpha7 and had an awesome T3CON :-D
  * polish demo site
  * polish wireframe mode CSS styling
  * updated labels
  * improved cookbook documentation, now being rendered at
    http://docs.typo3.org/neos/TYPO3NeosDocumentation/IntegratorsCookbook/Index.html
  * graceful error handling if content elements are broken
  * Editing handles fall apart in a lot of situations (now they don't
    anymore)

... and a whole lot of bugfixes I did not have on the list :-)

Currently UNDER REVIEW are:

  * Link Handling automatic redirects (only part missing) !! Please help
    to get this in soon: https://review.typo3.org/#/q/topic:link-support,n,z
  * Aloha settings from NodeTypes are not working (at format select
    box): https://review.typo3.org/#/c/25162/
  * Browser back does use a stale version of the page, AJAX loaded
    content is not shown; fixed with: https://review.typo3.org/#/c/25163/
  * improve formatting selector and make it more robust:
    https://review.typo3.org/#/c/25162/
  * Content handles sometimes don’t show up (eg. after uploading image)
    https://review.typo3.org/#/c/25164/

In-Progress/Being worked on are:

  * Views Component: https://review.typo3.org/#/c/24949/
  * New Website is being worked on

Still important issues to be tackled until the beta:

  * !!! Updated TYPO3.Flow Resource management must be merged, right?
    (@Robertlemke)
  * !!! move Page and Shortcut to NodeTypes package (everything
    non-final and non-abstract) -- WIP at
    https://review.typo3.org/#/q/topic:52020,n,z
  * *Setup authentication broken in production context*
  * *Navigate structure tree click on nested ContentCollection causes
    wrong behavior (browser goes to another page) if the content element
    was not found (e.g. not rendered correctly), this is really annoying*
  * Aloha Link plugin appears when just focussing into a text --> does
    somebody know how to reproduce this?
  * Related Nodes Selector (Robert is working on this one)

Anything I forgot and you'd like to see on the list of things to be
tackled for the beta? Any important issue you have on your mind not
being in here? Then please share it NOW :-)

It's a pleasure to work together with this awesome group of people,
everybody involved. I am thrilled we can make something great happen!

Greets,
Sebastian