[Neos] Re: WCM in 2017

Jacob Floyd cognifloyd at gmail.com
Thu May 30 16:32:18 CEST 2013

I think social media is very important to many sites, and should be more important to a lot more sites. Social integration should be a first class feature in any modern WCMS.

When I publish a post on Blogger, I'm prompted to share the post on Google+. This is typical, when something changes on your site, you often need to push an announcement to external social networks. But posting to social networks shouldn't be an afterthought. I should be able to write the announcement as I'm writing the article, possibly by selecting a paragraph in the article (thus reusing the content).

That's what Jesse Stay calls Fishing - putting stuff on external social networks. We also need to make social integration (like OpenGraph protocol, Comments streams from FB, G+, etc) on websites easier. Sites built in Neos should make becoming farmers easier.
http://www.slideshare.net/jessestay/from-fishers-to-farmers-version-2
Or consider this view of how websites progress towards being more social:
http://www.slideshare.net/jeremiah_owyang/making-your-corporate-website-relevant/7