[Neos] FYI: evaluating the use of graph databases as high-performance TYPO3CR store

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Thu May 30 16:14:00 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 30-5-2013 15:38, Sebastian Kurfürst wrote:
> I had a very interesting chat on the neos channel today with somebody
> who pointed out that there is another storage mechanism for trees --
> called "Nested Interval".

In a chat about TYPO3 CMS someone (sorry, I don't remember who) pointed
us at
http://www.slideshare.net/billkarwin/models-for-hierarchical-data

This compares a few mechanisms and demonstrates a very nice "closure
table" technique at the end of the presentation. It seemed worth
investigating if it helps with the speed and ease of pagetree operations
in TYPO3 CMS.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor