[Neos] A question to the neos core team about TypoScriptView and rendering a page standalone

Simon Schaufelberger (Schaufi) simonschaufi at guugelmail.de
Wed May 29 19:26:39 CEST 2013

Hi neos core team,
neos is still a baby and i don't know that baby yet very well so I'm
asking the parents if they could help me ;)

either i'm thinking too complicated or it's just not possible what i'm
trying to achieve. I know Robert and the rest is always interested about
feedback:

I'm trying to render a full page stand alone and I don't get that
working. There is no (good) API for rendering pages (yet).

Here is my current code (called in a backend module so far):

$view = $this->objectManager->get('\TYPO3\Neos\View\TypoScriptView');

$currentNode =
$this->nodeService->getNodeByContextNodePath('/sites/neosdemotypo3org/features');

$typoScriptPath = 'root';
$view->setTypoScriptPath($typoScriptPath);
$view->assign('value', $currentNode);

and then the rest of the code from:
\Packages\Application\TYPO3.Neos\Classes\TYPO3\Neos\View\TypoScriptView.php->render()

BUT: The I don't know how to set the controllerContext to create the
$typoScriptRuntime

I tried another approach by calling the render method of my view but
that also didnt work out. The menu cannot be rendered because:

Catchable Fatal Error: Argument 3 passed to
TYPO3\Neos\TypoScript\MenuImplementation_Original::findParentNodeInBreadcrumbPathByLevel()
must implement interface TYPO3\TYPO3CR\Domain\Model\NodeInterface, null
given

Can you either modify neos to render whole pages easily or help me how
to do it?

calling $view->render(); is just not working out of the box...
--
Regards, Schaufi