[Neos] FYI: How To Update your own site packages with BREAKING Node Types Change

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Fri May 24 16:37:19 CEST 2013

Hey everybody,

Karsten and I just merged the whole Node Type refactoring [1] , after
testing it in detail again. You see it's a lot of changes, that's why we
quickly wanted to get it in.

I also updated the Neos Demo package: https://review.typo3.org/#/c/21021/

Here are the instructions on how to update own packages:

  * we assume you have a running installation.
  * then, update the following packages:
      o TYPO3.Neos
      o TYPO3.Neos.NodeTypes
      o TYPO3.TypoScript
      o TYPO3.TYPO3CR
  * Then run the following command to update NodeTypes.yaml of your own
    site package:
      o ./flow core:migrate
  * Then, update the Nodes in the Database by running the following command:
      o ./flow node:migrate live 20130516212400
  * Then, if wanted, export the Site again to the package:
      o ./flow site:export > ....

Hope that helps a bit,
Sebastian

[1] https://review.typo3.org/#/q/status:merged+topic:typoscript-cleanup,n,z