[Neos] [Team] Gerrit merges

Christian Müller christian.mueller at typo3.org
Wed May 22 07:40:24 CEST 2013

Hey,

On 21.05.13 23:00, Aske Ertmann wrote:
> Hello team
>
> I've thought about improving commit flow since I've been a little annoyed with all the merge commits we have in our history.
Agreed
> Also Gerrit has a setting for only allowing submitting fast-forward changes. Therefore I propose that we set this to enforce only allowing changes that doesn't need a merge commit by Gerrit.
Sounds good, question is if we can have that just for us or if CMS Team
would need to have it as well?
> This makes the history a lot cleaner and easy to get an overview of.
I thought there is always a merge commit, but great to hear that this is
not the case. Still we will have the build commits :/

So if that really helps lets try to do rebases.

Cheers,
Christian