[Neos] WCM in 2017

Mathias Schreiber mathias at typo3.org
Fri Jun 7 21:11:35 CEST 2013

Jigal van Hemert schrieb:

>> Interesting question.
>> To me it seems to be a top-down problem right now.
>> Means: Enhancing UX is not "cool" enough for the average "give-me-php"
>> coder type of guy.
>
> The majority of the Active Contributors is not like that. If you're not
> a UX expert it's hard to suggest changes. Felix Kopp is currently rather
> active in the UX/UI department, but for too long the activity of the
> UX/UI team was almost zero.

Asked them why? ;)
No, seriously, I'm not up for a fight.

> Correct. It's often easier to build things the way you like to use them.
> On the other hand, if there is a vision how things should be for
> different for different target audiences I'm sure the devs will
> implement that.

The projects I worked on did not.

>> Our current experiences are that you're not invited to the club if you
>> haven't commited like X lines of code. Three people approached me apart
>> from each other and shared the same story.
>
> That seems to be an opinion that is kept alive by some people. Anybody's
> opinion is valued. If you want to have a serious response it's important
> to:

I am talking about people that are not yet known by the TYPO3 Community
(they use it for a long time though) and they are not picked up in a
proper way.
I will gather examples over the next few months, when I see them again.

>>> - from other responses it seems that exchanging information is an
>>> important feature for the future. As we have an active group of
>>> developers this shouldn't be a huge problem. The hardest part is to
>>> figure out the features this must have and the standards (if any) it
>>> needs to support. For this we desperately need the inactive talents.
>>
>> Yeah, this opens up a new vector of problems.
>> See, the "code-guy" doesn't want to be told what the market needs.
>
> Wrong assumption.

Correct as far that it is not an assumption.
Thus it can't be true or false :)
See, what I state is based on facts, not impressions.
But you are right in regards to Flow/Neos, since the folks here are
actually pretty thankful for input compared to other branches of TYPO3.

> No, nobody has seriously created any concepts for these kinds of
> innovation. Take your ideas to any TYPO3 event and make people
> enthusiastic about the idea. Form a forge project, write blog/buzz
> articles, post in lists/newsgroups/forum and invite people to
> participate in the forge project. Contact the CMS/Neos team and get
> support from the release manager / release team.

We should move this to Skype some day, since this is not the place.
Been there, tried it, didn't work at all.

> We shouldn't tolerate such answers. But... you can scratch a bit with
> rest and start a project and find people who are interested in
> developing the features!

Add me on skype, you'll freak out :)
mathias.schreiber is my handle :)

> There is currently no group / team that do such things for TYPO3 / Neos.
> There were plans for a product board or whatever label the group may
> have, but that was abandoned.
> Maybe you can organise something to collect ideas for future features,
> collect the needs of the users and start scratching?

I basically do that since the sprint in Karlsruhe.
My scope should be TYPO3 as a whole, but Flow/Neos is the only branch
that actually is open minded enough to listen.
Which I like... you guys rule.

>> Bottomline is I'd strongly suggest to have something like this again.
>> Some sort of meeting thats dedicated to doing concepts and brainstorming
>> rather than code.
>
> Please do! I bet that a lot of stuff from a feature wish list will be
> picked up by the developers if the brainstorming team makes enough noise.

Wanna know something funny?
I actually tried that during the camp in Venlo.
Total attendees from the (back then) Core team: 0

We tried it with the EAB at the sprint in Karlsruhe.
Total attendees: 0

See, I do realize that like 80% of the ACs hate me.
I'm fine with that and I don't blame them (well, a little but hey :)).

But as long as it is more important to fight each other than the common
enemy (like Drupal, CQ and such) I fear most of the effort is actually
wasted :)

--
Mattes - This time I come in peace