[Neos] [Team] NodeTypes in TYPO3.Neos.NodeTypes

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Mon Jul 29 08:38:28 CEST 2013

Hey everybody,

I agree with Aske that I would not light-heartedly move node types
around between packages.

Our basic reasoning was:

  * Neos should work perfectly when removing the Neos.NodeTypes package.
    That means all Node Types which TYPO3.Neos relies on (like f.e.
    TYPO3.Neos:Plugin or TYPO3.Neos:Document) need to be stored in Neos
    itself.

Admittedly, TYPO3.Neos:Page is a bit of a "close call". On the one side,
Neos might work without it (as Neos depends on "Document); but on the
other side, about everybody needs it (which we cannot be sure of hte
node types defined in TYPO3.Neos.NodeTypes).

Concerning the "disabled" flag -- I think that's a very fine idea, but
maybe we should call it: "enable: false" in the YAML (true being the
default).

Greets, Sebastian