[Neos] Image handling

Tanel Põld tanel at t3webexperts.com
Tue Jul 9 15:38:33 CEST 2013

Hey!

First, it's very good to see Neos user interface going to right direction!

Been playing around with the Alpha-4 for a while now and got some thoughts to share.

I'm thinking of image size handling.
It's the main bottle neck for my customers, it's complicated in TYPO3 CMS and I see it hitting the same direction in TYPO3 Neos.

With preset columns/layouts is there really need for all the pixel width and height thing? Is there real need for image caption alignment options?
Modern web is adaptive so maybe it's better to leave image size to be handled by template.

Preset crop ratios would become handy (square, portrait, landscape, panorama etc.).

What do you think?

A good example: http://sitecake.com/