[Neos] Re: TYPO3 NEOS on dedicated server?

Adonis Adon panicosh at gmail.com
Sun Dec 29 18:35:04 CET 2013

Ok, I found the solution and I will write it here, in case someone else will have the same problem.

1. I unzipped the NEOS 1.0.1
2. In the folder inside, there was another folder and I named it TYPO3-NEOS
3. I uploaded TYPO3-NEOS with Filezilla on the root directory of my Cpanel ( there are around 9,400 files so it took some time).
4. The addon/sudomain I wanted to have NEOS installed it, I changed its document root with this way:

 I went to the Cpanel and I clicked on Addon Domains. I remove the domain and I insert it again but instead of having /public_html  etc, I made SURE that it will point into  TYPO3-NEOS/Web.

Then, it was easy to install NEOS on one of my subdomains.

By the way, don't forget to increase the memory of php, otherwise when you will try to install NEOS you will face a Fatal Error. In order to do that, log in to your WHM and on the PHP section change the memory up to 256 MB

You can do the same procedure for your other Cpanel accounts.

I want to thank the TYPO3 team for the GREAT effort they doing. Since I am only few days in TYPO3, there are plenty I have to learn and hopefully in the nearest future I will be able to join their contribution team.

To all of you, HAPPY NEW YEAR.