[Neos] Additional Neos mailing lists

Michael Schams typo3ml at schams.net
Fri Dec 20 16:31:24 CET 2013

On 20/12/13 18:52, bernd wilke wrote:

>> i would prefere "english only" over "english first" - please do not
>> start a german newsgroup for TYPO3 Neos.
>
> we may start with neos.general (in english)
> but as not everyone in the world speaks english (or english well enough)
> it should be possible to give everyone a place to communicate in his
> preferred language. [...]

I understand Sebastian's and Bastian's point: as long as the current
list shows low traffic, there is no need to create additional lists -
so, "dev" and "install" make no sense at this point in time.

However, I suspect if we do not offer appropriate channels for asking
questions and getting involved in languages which are definitely
"active", Bernd's point re 'secret' places is a valid point.

The "newsletter" subscription form Sebastian pointed out is a great
idea, but it is not the same as an "announcement" mailing list as the
community is used to:

http://neos.typo3.org/contact.html

As soon as I see a page, where someone asks for my email address and
does not provide any further details, that's "suspicious". I miss
essential information such as:

- a statement what happens with my email address
- a link where I can unsubscribe
- an archive of previous published newsletters to see, if is worth to
subscribe

Maybe I missed something? :-)

Back to my original proposal... how about the following (shortened list):

Neos-announcement
Neos-english
Neos-german

...where "Neos-english" is the current "Neos" list (if renaming is an
option of course).

Cheers
Michael