[Neos] Discussion: getting started with Localization for Neos 1.1

Carsten Bleicker carsten at bleicker.de
Fri Dec 13 09:43:13 CET 2013

no horror story :)

just an example: you are a producer of bathroom material.
your website shows up an image of a woman in the bathroom wearing just a towel.
for the content delivery to iran, there will be a picture needed without the toweled-woman.

another media example: Movie Database
for america/germany i need different trailers.
america: without explizit scenes
germany WITH explicit scenes

price example:
i am a german guy, living in the usa.
my shop should provide different prices for country of origin.
so price binding should be bound to "country of content delivery".
also if i watch the page in german, because i am just a german native speaker
living in the usa.

all this should be supported to respect the local culture in "content delivery to country"
my 2 cents :)

kind regards
carsten