[Neos] Comments Needed: Moving Page and Shortcut from Neos to NodeTypes

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Thu Dec 5 00:15:19 CET 2013

Hi Sebastian,

>   * What do you think about making the change nonbreaking by *still
>     adding* a TYPO3.Neos:Page [...]

IMO that's not necessary. I think we can expect alpha- and beta-testers to
read and follow the upgrade instructions, especially if we provide an
automatic migration.
For ne next finals we'll hopefully have some simple upgrade mechanism in
place..

>   * The Neos Shortcut handling depends on Neos.NodeTypes:Shortcut; in
>     the longer run, I'd extract that to a signal/slot and move the code
>     to Neos.NodeTypes. Agreed?

My initial thought was: Isn't *shortcut* a common behavior of the node tree
as well as there is a common notion of *document* nodes?
I think we should leave shortcut in the neos package (I can't think of a
scenario where you wouldn't need it). We could add
TYPO3.Neos.NodeTypes:ShortcutPage (or a better name) extending the
shortcut. Or am I completely off the track?

>   * The Site Importer creates a *shortcut* for the root node of the
>     site. I am totally unsure what to do about this one; is it
>     acceptable that we reference a node from the NodeTypes package here?

True, that contradicts the separation of those two packages. For the
record: this only happens for imports of beta1 (or lower) sites. Sites
exportes with beta2+ will have the homepage node type included.
With the suggestion above we could fallback to the Neos-Shortcut type
maybe.

Best,
Bastian