[Neos] urlPathSegment for routing

Dominic Garms djgarms at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 05:58:55 CET 2013

Hi Aske

On 12/01/2013 02:49 AM, Aske Ertmann wrote:
> Hey Dominic
>> Would it be possible to define another property? The url is sometimes only reflecting some keywords and not so nice to look at in the node tree, so I would like to separate it. Is there an easy way?
> There's not really an easy way at the moment. It's still an area that needs to be improved, however you can overwrite the routing settings to use a custom route part handler instead of the FrontendNodeRoutePartHandler. I wouldn't recommend it though and it might be difficult.

Ok, then I'll live with this functionality first. Hopefully it's getting
some configuration, because for SEO oriented websites this feature is a
must have.

>> I've seen that "chapters" node type bringing the url with, but I haven't got the purpose of the chapter node type. What exactly is the difference between this two?
> The chapters have no special behavior compared to a normal page in regard of the url. The difference lies in the structure of the page.

I've seen that the structure of the page changed the BE, but in FE I
couldn't really see a difference? In beta1 nothing really happened, I
couldn't see the pictures which I selected. But maybe in Beta2 tomorrow
I'll give it another shot.

Thanks for mentoring me in my start phase!

Cheers,
Dominic