[Neos] To use or not to use TYPO3 Neos for my purpose

Aske Ertmann aske at moc.net
Thu Aug 29 09:52:34 CEST 2013

Hi Lorenz

> - AFAIK the multi language handling is not yet integrated. Is it easily possible to have two root nodes, one for the english and one for the german version and route to the language according to browser locales?
There's two ways of achieving this. You can either have two root nodes (two sites) or have one site with two shortcuts/pages on the first level for each language. They can of course use the same site package. The difference is if you have different domains, because having two sites requires two domains or if you don't and need to have /en/ or /de/ in the URL.

> - Is it possible somehow to integrate small picture galleries into the website just as you can do it with the CMS "Text w/Image" element and a lightbox JavaScript? Or would I need a custom Package to achieve this?
You can easily add additional JavaScript for lightbox for you image elements, but it might make sense to create a custom content element in your site package for this purpose. Should be fairly straight forward and maybe even possible to find existing examples from other people, e.g. on Github.

> - Are simple tables working in the current content editing?
AFAIK they do, since they use the built-in Aloha editing for tables.

> - Will I be able to update the current master to 1.0 stable without a lot of work?
There will still some breaking changes, but it shouldn't be too difficult to keep up with because we're focused on delivering good update instruction in the release notes like we have done for the last two alpha releases.

> By the way: When searching for a Demo I realized that almost every Neos demo found in Google is either outdated or not working properly. Maybe it would be good to maintain an own Demo server.
Good point, but everyone on the team already have more than enough on their hands so any help in getting this done would be greatly appreciated.

Btw. concerning the inactive site you have to activate it in the sites management module or using the command line commands and they need to have separate domains to work currently.

Hope that helps.
Aske