[Neos] UI sketches for edit/preview

Rasmus Skjoldan rasmus at typo3.org
Sat Aug 24 01:33:02 CEST 2013

> which modes are provided by default is an entirely different question... I am certain that there will be modes (made by someone) with image frames for iphone or ipad... as it seems to be the only way that some people understand, why it looks different...

It depends greatly on what type of project and organization you speak of. To some, you're totally right - to larger organizations that deliver content to many many different platforms, they are much more used to authoring abstraction.

> anyway if there is an image around it or not doesn't bother me at all. I could just be a 5px black border or whatever.

Better preview is a common goal for us, I think. But it needs to be extremely flexible as the needs of our clients and users are so extremely different.

> and actually that wasn't even my point... my point was that every mode should have the possibility to edit. The editor should not care what is actually done behind the curtain as long as it changes what he wants to change :p [see google example, no need to go back from a "preview" to edit page properties -> meta data...]

I'm currently gathering input from many different sources about this. Thanks a huge bunch for sharing your view about it. I will take this further in the process. Making the distance between editing and previewing as small as possible is important - so I'll definitely take your input into it.

Don't hesitate to comment more about this!

Best,
Rasmus