[Neos] UI sketches for edit/preview

Thomas Allmer d4kmor at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 15:51:46 CEST 2013

On 22.08.2013 13:01, Bastian Waidelich wrote:
> Excuse my ignorance, but why do we need to differentiate between "edit"
> and "preview" modes?
> Couldn't we just reduce this to "modes"? With the "preview"-button on
> the top right you'd always jump into fullscreen preview mode..
> I actually think, that would reduce complexity more than avoiding
> dropdowns.

+1

now actually I believe I have misinterpreted some parts of the blog post...

I thought there would be "only" edit modes. I see no benefit in showing
something you can't edit.

So even if you show the Page for an Iphone, or Ipad, or even as an
Native Android App (who get's it Data via json, xml, ...) you should be
able to see an "Frame estimate" and edit content there.

Or if you want to show how Google will show your Webpage in a Search
Result... this should be editable as well. No need for the editor to
know that "intern" it just updates the meta description. All the editor
wants is to control the text that is show in the Google Search Result.

Here are some examples on how I would see this. And that would be
AWESOME!!! and technically it should be "easy" as well, as we already
have multiple "views" for real and wireframe...

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3SkNxgaPriMRVdzRGtmZDJxdVU&usp=sharing

In my personal opinion all the "Preview" Button should do is just what
it is doing now. Remove the "Neos Frame" temporarily to see only the
desired Mode (be it, frontend, wireframe, iPhone, Google, App Data
Export, ...)

make sense?

cheers
--