[Neos] TYPO3 Neos compendium (german/english, download links inside)

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Mon Aug 19 09:29:22 CEST 2013

Hi.

Quote: Patrick Lobacher wrote on Sun, 18 August 2013 15:27
> we have created a comprehensive TYPO3 Neos compendium covering all
> important aspects - including installation, updates, Nginx, editor
> information, TypoScript, FlowQuery, Eel, rendering process, own plugins,
> own website...

Now let me point people to the official documentation while we are at it (yes, it is mentioned in the Kompendium, but still):

 http://docs.typo3.org/neos/TYPO3NeosDocumentation/

MANY THANKS for the Kompendium, it allows readers that prefer german over english an easier entry...

> Thanks to Roland Schenke (wo did an extraordinary job here) we have an
> english version as well - since today - yeah :-) Thanks Roland!!!

..but a Compendium would be more helpful in form of patches to the official documentation. If I imagine the hours spent on translating the Kompendium to english and think about those hours instead invested into making the existing english documentation better... sigh!

TL;DR;

Awesome work, but please improve the official manual, it would be awesome to avoid the "documentation sucks" trap (justified or not) that TYPO3 has fallen into in the past!

Regards,
Karsten
--
Karsten Dambekalns