[Neos] Question regarding NEOS Installation & Setup

Jacob Floyd cognifloyd at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 15:52:28 CEST 2013

On my shared host, I can't create the database from the Neos setup. I
create the database through cpanel, make sure the database is set to use
utf-8 in phpMyAdmin, and then I can run the Neos setup and it can connect
to the database and populate it. I don't know why, but it seems that Neos
can't create the database. I suspect that it's the way a shared host is set
up with each db user having special permissions for certain databases (but
not to create dbs) or something like that.

Anyway, I hope that helps!
Jacob Floyd