[TYPO3-50-general] Using Phoenix with a grid system

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Mon Aug 13 18:19:01 CEST 2012

Hey Adrian,

> OK, what I finally wanted to ask is: what would be the best practice
> to reflect this as content elements? I could imagine a content element
> "container", which the editor adds, and inside each container element
> these column types, each, can be added. Inside each column type, we're
> on typical "content element" level, means now TExt, text w/image etc.
> can be added.
Correct. See https://review.typo3.org/#/c/12716/ the MultiColumn and
MultiColumnItem elements.

> Looking at the nodes, is my assumption correct that a "container"
> element would be a Content Node, with having (different) "Columns" as
> children; each now having typical CEs as children?
correct.

> How can this be reflected in the backend for manually adding? Is there
> the option of something like "recursive" sections? (what is that thing
> having a [+] icon called?)
The stuff where you can add an arbitrary number of content to is called
"Section". So you can have a container element which can handle a
flexible number of Sections which in turn can have children again.

Pretty much as it is done in the review I linked above :)

Greets, Sebastian