[TYPO3-50-general] Secret FLOW3 release – just for you guys!

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Fri Aug 5 22:21:44 CEST 2011

-- cross-post from flow3.general --

Hi folks,

most of you have followed the recent progress and you know that we are working
a lot on the documentation part of FLOW3. We'd like to release the 1.0 beta 1
as soon as possible, but there are a few bits which are missing:

 - Lock Manager: currently it's not easily possible to deploy new code on a production server
   while the application is under load. You'll experience some nasty race conditions in the
   cache building ... This is something we want to have solved for the beta 1.

 - Documentation: we won't be able to finish all of it, but at least it should be accurate
   and describe every major part

 - Website: we'll need to update the website, adjust our release build scripts, documentation
   rendering etc.

So, still some work left (here are more tickets: http://forge.typo3.org/projects/package-flow3/issues?query_id=92).

But there's one thing we'd like to share with you today: the new Quickstart Tutorial.
It is supposed to be the first tutorial someone being new to FLOW3 will try out. And
we'd love to get your feedback before the beta 1 release.

I'd like to ask you as well to read through the other parts of the
documentation we have available right now; we're also very much looking
for feedback there!

So, dear fellow FLOW3 pioneers, please download the current master via git or the release file:

http://flow3.typo3.org/fileadmin/release/FLOW3-1.0.0-alpha15-build51.zip
http://flow3.typo3.org/fileadmin/release/FLOW3-1.0.0-alpha15-build51.tar.gz
http://flow3.typo3.org/fileadmin/release/FLOW3-1.0.0-alpha15-build51.tar.bz2
http://flow3.typo3.org/fileadmin/release/TYPO3.FLOW3-API.zip <-- API
docs (of the FLOW3 package only)

And then take a look at our freshly rendered documentation (not in its final design though):

	http://flow3.typo3.org/fileadmin/manual/nightly/Index.html

Please try out the Quick Start tutorial:

	http://flow3.typo3.org/fileadmin/manual/nightly/Quickstart/Index.html

and give us feedback through this mailing list. Here's also some information about contributing to the documentation:

	http://flow3.typo3.org/fileadmin/manual/nightly/TheDefinitiveGuide/PartV/ContributingToFLOW3.html

So, I hope you'll spend some nice time with this and help us making FLOW3 fit for beta1.

Thanks, we're really eager to hear from you,
Sebastian

PS: Most of this posting was copied shamelessly from Roberts post ;-)