[TYPO3-50-general] git and a Package Repository

Michael Sauter mail at michaelsauter.net
Fri May 28 10:55:29 CEST 2010

On 27.05.10 15:49, Thomas Fritz wrote:
> 2010/5/27 Martin Klepsch<martinklepsch at googlemail.com>
>
>> I'm glad that this question comes up again.
>>
>> I'm not contributing to TYPO3 / FLOW3 at the moment but I can confirm that
>> Git/Github enables more people to really influence the project.
>> The whole fork/merge/cherry-pick workflow would be a huge benefit for the
>> community.
>> Recently I discovered a script that lets you cherry-pick a commit by
>> pasting
>> the Github URL<http://github.com/adamv/dotfiles/blob/master/bin/gh-pick>.
>>
>> To me Git/Github is the way how open source should work.
>>

> +1

+1

At least for Git ... Github is nice too, but I'm happy with other
solutions as well. Gerrit sounds good, haven't worked with it yet though.

I also think the current way with SVN is hindering contribution. It was
okay while there have been no distributed VCS, but IMHO it's time to
move on now ...

~michael