[TYPO3-50-general] New templating system?

Michael Sauter mail at michaelsauter.net
Tue Mar 23 19:07:16 CET 2010

On 23.03.10 18:10, "Duch (aka. Grégory Duchesnes)" wrote:

> Le 23 mars 2010 à 08:51, Michael Sauter a écrit :
>> But IMHO it is faster to learn FLUID. How long would it take to learn, say, 3 tags and how to output variables? 1 hour?
>
> I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing, Fluid is not just "3 tags and how to output variables", if you want to print the user manual, it is worth 30 pages...
> It can be learned by an HTML guy but the learning curve will be longer than 1 hour believe me.
>
> see http://flow3.typo3.org/documentation/manuals/fluid/fluid.usermanual/ for details.
>

> duch

We are talking about the same thing. Please note you are referring to a
very technical manual, most of this stuff is completely unnecessary for
designers (though maybe too less for developers ;)). Furthermore, I was
suggesting to use only some special tags ... that's what I was referring
to when I said 1 hour. Of course, the "3 tags and output variables" is
NOT a correct complete understanding of FLUID, but I think a valid one
for someone who just uses it.