[TYPO3-50-general] New templating system?

"Duch (aka. Grégory Duchesnes)" typo3 at ilomedia.net
Tue Mar 23 17:58:37 CET 2010

Le 23 mars 2010 à 08:26, Martin Kutschker a écrit :

> Thomas Fritz schrieb:
>>
>> I do not know TypoScript and i do not know FLUID. I only SAW the syntax in
>> documentations and so... And i have to say that i feel much more comfortable
>> with FLUID and i think it is easier to learn IMHO, because of its HTML like
>> Syntax. Just wanted to share my feeling about that...
>
> But FLUID and TypoScript have different goals. FLUID is designed to create XML/HTML (and plain text)
> with the possibility and need to take care about each necessary XML/HTML element, but it has not
> much logic (besides conditions). TypoScript OTOH is a way to describe and configure objects that
> will be eventually be rendered as XML/HTML/text. The basic syntax is simple and should be familiar
> to any programmer as it uses the wide-spread dot-notation (object.property).
>
> Of course you could cramp all the configuration needed to create the final output into the template,
> but it would make your life not easier. The template designer, which very possibly is no programmer
> at all, would have to worry about all the extra stuff he doesn't undertand. And what's more you rid
> yourself of any reuse of the template.
>
> If you want to mix html with business logic all in one file use Smarty ;)

I don't want to be rude, but if you look at the index.html used in the Extbase tutorial there are Fluid markers on almost every line. Once such markup is added, i feel the template will be much harder to maintain (how do you feed it to the W3C validator for example?)

see page 4 of this document : https://svn.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/CoreProjects/MVC/doc_extbase/Documentation/Manual/en/quickstart/quickstart.pdf

that's why i would still claim for a templating system that would be a bridge between pure HTML and Fluid.

duch

PS : this might make Robert come ;-)