[TYPO3-50-general] No backend on ubuntu server

"Christian Müller (Kitsunet)" christian at kitsunet.de
Wed Dec 15 10:46:25 CET 2010

hi Kevin,

/typo3/login should work fine, in fact I work on Phoenix with Ubuntu and
have no problems with the rewriting. I have a "normal" vhost for it
pointing to the /Web directory.
If I can point you to something you may contact me. If
http://<host>/index.php/typo3/login works for you I guess there is a
problem with rewriting. I am pretty sure your mod_rewrite is not
enabled. Could you check if it is?

Christian
TYPO3 v5 Core Team